Fleurs

 
 
Aaaaaay guess who's back?! I'm so glad the weather here has finally started to brighten up and is getting warmer slowly. I felt like my nails needed a little pick-me-up to match my mood for spring. So here's a surprisingly quick and easy tutorial for spring-fresh floral nails. Enjoy!
 
Things you'll need:
 
 
You'll need two bright nail polishes that compliment each other.
 I chose a tiffany blue colour and a tangerine orange colour by Tony Moly. They're in fact a Korean brand which I discovered from a good friend. I really like them because they're very thick and super shiny however, they do chip easily. The shades I used are RM02 and RM04.
 
 
 I also used these 'Migi Nail Art' pens which I have had for a very, very long time and I bought them from
Wal-Mart but I'm sure there are many other types of nail pens you can get also. I know Topshop have some at the moment and eBay has a wide variety which is very affordable also. You could even use regular nail polish with a very fine paintbrush or toothpick.
The colours you will need are pink, red, green and white.
 
So paint your nails, leaving your accent nail the other colour.
 
 
On your accent nail draw very rough blobs of pink randomly spaced and make small bumps around the edge to give the impression of petals. Don't worry about them being messy at this point, in fact this look works better when it is messy!
 
 
Next, add red 'C' shapes in the middle of each flower, remember it doesn't need to be perfect :P

 
This is the step that brings it all together, the leaves! So grab a dark green and make small flicks starting from the side of the flower outwards. Add around two to three per flower.

 
This step isn't necessary but I personally, didn't want so much negative space so I added very few small white dots inbetween. Add clear nail polish ontop to make it last.
 
Also, if you look at the image at the top of this post you will see that I added two tiny flowers to my pinky nail. Be creative and have fun with it!
 
Peace Dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment